WOWFest is launching its very own residential Choir & Orchestra course for international musicians of an intermediate (grade 5) standard and above from 15-19 July in Wells, Somerset, UK.
Join us for four fun days of rehearsing with our expert tutors and conductors, ending with a celebratory concert in the magnificent Bishop’s Palace Gardens as part of WOWFest 2021. Rehearsals will be held in the state-of-the-art Cedars Hall in the picturesque grounds of Wells Cathedral School and in between rehearsals you will have the chance to attend concerts, enjoy social activities and discover the wonder of Wells. England’s smallest city, the medieval city of Wells is a charming, authentic, magical place to spend a long weekend. Boasting Europe’s oldest ‘in tact’ residential street (the Vicars’ Close), the truly stunning gothic Cathedral, moated Bishop’s Palace and picture-perfect Market Square, Wells has a bustling high street and an array of independent and artisan shops, cafes and restaurants.
- The WOW Choir & Orchestra has been created to allow musicians the opportunity to travel, perform as part of an ensemble and share a joyful return to making music in a magical setting under expert guidance. Repertoire for choir, orchestra and combined of a classical and popular nature will be chosen to reflect the sense of joy and celebration
- Participants aged 14-18 will be accommodated in the historic boarding houses of Wells Cathedral School and for adults aged 19 and over, twin or single rooms are available in the central 3* Premier Inn
- One meal per day will be provided in the WCS canteen and all sites and attractions can be reached within a fifteen-minute stroll of your accommodation (even less from the boarding houses!)
- Fun social activities including a quiz, ceilidh and BBQ will be organised for participants and you will be welcome to attend all of the WOWFest concerts, including a performance of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony in St Cuthbert’s Church on Sat 17 July
Included in the course
- 4 nights accommodation in WCS boarding houses or 3* Premier Inn
- daily breakfast and one main meal per day
- series of sectional and tutti rehearsals with expert tutors and conductors
- one public performance at The Bishop’s Palace
- access to all WOWFest concerts
- social activities
Cost to participants
This course has been generously supported by the Arts Council UK as part of the #letscreate Culture Recovery Fund.
Costs for participation are as follows:
- Students aged 14-18 years on 19/07/2021 (shared accommodation in WCS): £360
- Adults aged 19+ in a twin room at Premier Inn hotel: £430
- Adults aged 19+ in a single room at Premier Inn hotel: £620
- Participation only (no accommodation, meals or social activities): £150